What if the tenant damages my unit?

July 26, 2022

You collect a security deposit for that purpose. You may not charge an HCV tenant any more than you would charge a non-HCV tenant. The housing agency does not pay the security deposit. If the damages exceed the amount of the security deposit, you would need to go to court to get a court order for the remaining amount.