Guidelines for Applying for Public Housing
Please complete the application in blue or black ink only.
- All applicants for the head of household and co-head of household need to be at least 18 years old.
- All applicants, 18 years of age and older, must provide a valid picture id: a state-issued picture ID or driver’s license.
- All applicants must provide original social security cards and birth certificates for everyone in the household. Permanent resident cards can be accepted in place of a birth certificate.
- All applications submitted to MHA must be signed by everyone on the application who is 18 years of age or older and the application must be dated correctly.
- You will be placed on the waiting list according to the date and time the application was turned in and received by Moline Housing Authority staff. MHA staff will contact you by phone or mail when your name approaches the top of the list.
- Prior to approving the application a criminal background check, a Trans Union credit check, a sex-offender check, and a landlord reference check will be conducted. When the checks are completed you will either be eligible for a unit offer or you will receive a letter from the Housing Authority informing you that you were denied. The letter will provide you with information regarding an informal hearing request.
- Once your application has been determined eligible you will be offered the next available unit in the order of approved applications.